Call for abstract submissions
This conference is a scientific research meeting focusing on parenting and child and family wellbeing, particularly on Triple P – Positive Parenting Program research around the world. The HFCC offers presentations, symposia, and panels across a broad range of domains related to children, parents, and families. We are currently accepting submissions of abstracts for the 2020 HFCC.
We warmly welcome abstracts from researchers, practitioners, policy makers, and professionals that address issues of parenting and parenting intervention, and related topics, including:
- Prevention of child maltreatment
- Promotion of self-regulation in children and parents/carers
- Parenting in the context of trauma and trauma-informed care
- Working with refugee families
- Cultural adaption of evidence-based parenting support
- Engaging with disadvantaged communities and diverse populations
- Supporting parents of children with chronic health problems and disabilities
- Workplace delivery of parenting support
- Professional supervision and peer support
- Policy and funding issues
- Implementation, sustainability and system-level change
Abstracts will be placed in one of two streams:
- Empirical research (e.g. randomised controlled trials, surveys, mixed methods research – both qualitative and quantitative)
- Implementation and clinical practice (e.g. learnings from implementation, clinical case series)
The Helping Families Change Conference is a leading international scientific event. The conference is of interest to practitioners, policy makers, and researchers working with families in the health, education, and welfare sectors, and to graduate students with an interest in child and family issues. Those attending will be presented with state-of-the-art knowledge, contribute to debate, and engage in hands-on practice with leaders in the field of family intervention.
The event will be supplemented by an exciting social program that will enable delegates to grow their international networks and experience the best that Brisbane has to offer.
Extended abstract deadline: Sunday 30th June 2019.