What: The 16th Annual Helping Families Change Conference
Where: Sheraton on the Park, Sydney Australia
When: 19 – 21 February, 2014
The University of Sydney, Monash University and the University of Queensland in association with the New South Wales Department of Community Services is very proud to announce the 16th Annual Helping Families Change Conference to be held at Sheraton on the Park Hotel on 19th-21st February, 2014. The theme of the 2014 HFCC is “Positive parenting: A common pathway to transforming the lives of children, parents and communities”.
Call for Papers
The HFCC offers presentations, symposia, and workshops across a broad range of domains related to children, parents, and families. We are currently accepting submissions of abstracts for the 2014HFCC. You can submit your abstract here. All abstracts submitted must relate to the conference theme and our broad range of domains, including:
- Prevention of child abuse and neglect
- Prevention of children and young people’s social, emotional and behavioural problems
- Strengthening the parenting capacity and confidence of parents and carers
- Strengthening the parenting capacity and confidence of parents of children with a disability
- Interventions for parents who have abused or neglected their children or are at high risk of doing so
- Enhancing the well-being of children in care
The Helping Families Change Conference is a leading international scientific event. The conference is of interest to practitioners, policy makers, and researchers working with families in the health, education, and welfare sectors, and to graduate students with an interest in child and family issues. Those attending will be presented with state-of-the-art knowledge, contribute to debate, and engage in hands-on practice with leaders in the field of family intervention.
The event will be supplemented by an exciting social program that will enable delegates to grow their international networks and experience the best that Sydney has to offer.
Further details will be provided in coming weeks through this website, such as information about registration and keynote speaker details.